The Sizzle System of Personal Branding is now The Sizzle System of Brand Empowerment. Here’s why.
Anyone who follows me might know that I live by the 3-year rule when it comes to branding. You don’t want to change your brand too soon, but you do want to update it every so often.
The biggest mistake I see with newer entrepreneurs is that they change their brand too soon because they’re not getting instantaneous results. Self-doubt sets in, but the fact of the matter is that they’re just not giving it time to work. Consistency is super important to build your brand and create recognizability, familiarity and clarity to attract the people you’re meant to serve.
On average, it takes about 18 months of getting your brand seen and heard to be known as the ‘go to’ expert, and then another 18 months to build a steady client base and turn a decent profit.
Your brand won’t “stick” if you change it too soon. In the long run, you’ll attract fewer clients than if you had waited it out.
So why am I rebranding?
- First and foremost, I’m at the 3-year point. I created the Sizzle System in January 2014, and by March I had started a group program. My website and brand assets were completed shortly after. While I loved my new look then, it needs a facelift. Trends have changed, and I look different!
- It took a while to make the shift from a “creative services agency” trading hours for dollars. It’s two different mindsets, but I’ve totally shifted to outcome-based pricing, and don’t even think about an hourly rate. But, it’s time for me to upgrade my packages so I can make an even greater impact.
- I have grown so much over the past 3 years that what served me then doesn’t serve me now. Like every responsible business owner, I need to uplevel, not only in my packages, but in the transformation I provide and the clients I serve.
- When I took on this thing called “personal branding” I realized it was what I had been doing throughout my entire career. I understand what it means to have a personal brand, but there’s still a perception that it is your logo and website, that I seem to be fighting against. It’s so much more than that. Branding is empowerment. So, the Sizzle System of Personal Branding, is now The Sizzle System of Brand Empowerment. After all, your brand is your business.
- I want to empower women to get out in a bigger way. I want to help them create a signature system, a signature talk, write a book, and other next-level activities. I’ll still help with the “creative” basics of visual identity, including taking on more total makeover clients, but I want to spend more time in my Zone of Genius, which is sharing my wisdom through coaching, not doing.
- My ideal client has changed. She’s purpose-driven and spiritual, but first and foremost she’s business minded. She’s already monetizing her gifts; she’s an action-taker who understands that to be successful it takes more than a passion or a dream, or “trust.” She’s ready to invest the time, money and effort that’s required to be great. She’s beyond coming from a place of struggle or lack. She’s spiritual and recognizes the abundance all around her and welcomes any opportunity to move beyond the edge of her comfort zone. She just needs some hand holding from someone further along the path — an experienced eye to see beyond her blind spots and guide her into her bigger vision. Someone who believes in her.
What it comes down to is that I’m not only expanding my services, I’m opening my heart. I’m ready to play a bigger game in so many ways.
How about you? If you’re up to the challenge, I’m here for you.
Let’s ride this rocky roller coaster ride of entrepreneurship together!
Carol Ann DeSimine is a Branding Expert and Visibility Strategist with a passion for helping purpose-driven, high-achieving entrepreneurial monetize their brilliance. To find out how she can help you uplevel your business, schedule a 15-minute Discovery Session here.